CHRunners

Running => Running => Topic started by: glwestcott on September 26, 2026, 06:26:25 PM

Title: Saturday, September 26th
Post by: glwestcott on September 26, 2026, 06:26:25 PM
Well, it was delayed six days because of my broken toe last month, but today I got my 8 mile run to celebrate my 80th birthday done.
Title: Re: Saturday, September 26th
Post by: kawasa on September 26, 2026, 09:02:20 PM
That's awesome. How long since your toe broke, I forget.

I did a double. 6 miles this morning right as the sun came up and the weather was the absolute perfect fall day, I'm not sure there could have been better running conditions. Then I did 4 this afternoon in the drizzle and wind but still pretty nice
Title: Re: Saturday, September 26th
Post by: Loco Coyote on September 26, 2026, 09:37:26 PM
Quote from: glwestcott on September 26, 2026, 06:26:25 PMWell, it was delayed six days because of my broken toe last month, but today I got my 8 mile run to celebrate my 80th birthday done.

Happy delayed birthday run! Congrats!

20 miles today with a 3 mile warm up, then 2 mile, 4X2.5 mile, and 1X 1.1 mile at marathon pace (6:50s) with 0.6 mile (1K) float at about 7:30. I ran most of this in a half marathon and split the half in 1:30:20. The best news is that I did not feel all beat up after this. This has been a good training block. 
Title: Re: Saturday, September 26th
Post by: glwestcott on September 27, 2026, 02:24:42 AM
Quote from: kawasa on September 26, 2026, 09:02:20 PMHow long since your toe broke, I forgot
It was August 17th.  I stopped running for a little less than 4 weeks and then began again with 3 to 5 milers and things seemed ok so then today's 8.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Saturday, September 26th
Post by: kawasa on September 27, 2026, 07:47:56 PM
Quote from: glwestcott on September 27, 2026, 02:24:42 AMIt was August 17th.  I stopped running for a little less than 4 weeks and then began again with 3 to 5 milers and things seemed ok so then today's 8.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's wild, I can't imagine doing that at any age.